- Almost half of all bottled water is regular tap water
- 70 million bottles of water are sold in the
US every day. 9 out of 10 end up in the trash.
- 38 billion single-use water bottles fill our US landfills and oceans every year leaching toxins into our planet.
- In 2007 over 2.5 million tons of carbon dioxide were
generated and more than 17 million barrels of oil were
used in America alone for single-use-bottled-water.
- 17 million barrels of oil can fuel over 1 million cars for an entire year.
- Over 9 billion gallons of bottled water is consumed each year in the US.
- The amount of fuel wasted transporting bottled water in the US each year
is equal to 38,000 trucks delivering water weekly, non-stop.
- Over 2.5 billion tons of plastic are used to produce single-use water
bottles every year - over 1.5 million tons of that plastic becomes waste.
- There is currently a "garbage soup" containing 90% plastic floating in the pacific ocean.
This "soup" is twice the size of the continental US and growing. It is destroying the ocean
ecosystem and killing marine life and alarming rates.
- 3 bottles worth of water is wasted just to produce 1 bottled water.
- Although 70% of our planet is water, only 2% is fresh drinking water
- According to the United Nations 17 years from now, by 2025, over two-thirds of our world's
population will not have enough water to sustain basic life. This is not just our children's problem.
Tap Water Versus Bottled Water
All stainless steel water
bottles are 100% recyclable